Migrate from Karaf 3 to 4, Part 2

Migrating from karaf 3 to 4 another funny thing happened. All my jdbc datasources, configured in the deploy folder, where gone. In the first moment I was very hysteric because we want to migrate the productive environment the next days. But in the next moment I recognized that we did all the test cases without an impact.

Playing around and in the end a deeper look into karaf sources showed me the solution. The new commands provided by karaf are using a more complex query and filter to find jdbc datasources. The new command jdbc:ds-list need a property ‘dataSourceName’ to be defined on the service to show the datasource in the list. The datasource itself was present like before but not shown.

First I reimplemented the old command jdbc:datasources and showed all the datasources present as they are, by implemented interface (mhus-osgi-tools). Then I changed all the blueprint xml files and append the claimed property

<entry key=”dataSourceName” value=”${name}”/>

to be compatible to the new jdbc commands of karaf.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s